Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

It's been fairly quiet here today. It was just the three of us since this was the first major holiday as a family since Kevin joined the army. I was kind of freaking out because I've never cooked a Thanksgiving dinner before. I was just pulling things out of the air, and voila! Epic victory! The turkey was moist, stuffing was yummy, mashed potatoes garlicky. I was very proud of myself! :) *happy dance*

I'm still waiting on yummy yarn to show up in my mailbox. I'm starting to get a bit antsy since I'm hoping to knit up a project to send to a friend so he can gift them to his girlfriend...for Christmas. I'm trying to stay calm...

In the meantime I'm still working on my latest pair of socks. I looked at them and after a couple of hours of knitting on them, I just realized they were the colors of my high school. I was amused, which in turn made my husband amused at me.

He is also expecting a package in the mail. It was supposed to be here a couple days ago, but we're chalking it up to beginnings of crazy time at the post office. As soon as it gets here, we're putting it up on our Christmas tree! We're gonna have a grand time putting it up...the day after Thanksgiving...it's proper time. Dang Santa showing his fat butt in July. He belongs in the month after Turkey day up until the day after Christmas. After all, a full month is plenty of time for one holiday. Anyone else agree? Anyway, I'm off to do some post dinner clean up and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment