Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finished Two Projects!

Yay I finished two projects last night! The hubby had to work a late night so I stayed up and waited for him to get home.

The Multidirectional Scarf is finished! Here it is in all it's colorful glory:

I'm very happy with it. It was a quick and easy pattern to follow and it was a lot of fun watching the colors change from stitch to stitch on my needles. I ended up with only a tiny bit left over too! Not enough to really do much with, but too much to justify throwing it out. I'll figure something out later, but for now the remnants will live in my stash. :)

I also finished this hat, which I started a long while ago.

It's going to my brother. I knit him a wicked cool scarf a while ago, and he wanted a hat that he could wear with it. So I started this after hunting down some more alpaca yarn and then for some reason it got put on hold. The ear flaps I had to frog back because the gray was too thin to do much protection for the ears. Just doubling the yarn up made it much more substantial though. We are pleased. Just in time too! His birthday is in a few days and I was trying to figure out what to get him. I was wondering why I didn't finish this hat sooner, but everything worked out :)

Now I get to finish this! Also started almost a year ago... ^_^()


I think this will go to the hubby when finished. You can't tell from the pic, but it's a nice dark green. Alpaca with a Twist calls it Mountain Green. Knit in a simple basketweave pattern, it should go faster than it is, but apparently I can't count to 5 on a consistent basis. Oops. Oh well, it's just slow moving.

I will finish this eventually, but it's just a filler project until I get the yarn and pattern for a project my friend requested. More about that to come later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment